WHAT IS THIS PROJECT?
• This is a new feature that lives in the Citibank consumer-facing mobile app(ios + android + desktop). It is called "Card Status Tracker"
• I designed it from start to finish collaborating with 6 members of the design team: cd, copywriter, ux, prototyper, product owner, project manager.
WHO ARE THE USERS?
• Citibank customers who have lost their card and have requested a replacement.
WHO AM I PARTNERING WITH TO DESIGN THIS?
Product Owner, Head of Design, UX designer, iOS developers(3), android developers(2), business analyst, prototyper, copywriter, and project manager.
WHAT BUSINESS / USER PROBLEMS DOES THIS FEATURE SOLVE?
• Currently, Citibank customers are not able to track when their new credit card will arrive at their home in case they lose it.
• Citibank will save costs and be more efficient because users won't be calling customer service anymore to find out the date the card arrives and activation.
• Lead the look & feel of the experience
• Lead and advocate for doing solid interface & modern interaction models research before executing.
• Design not just one but multiple design solutions to solve interface problems.
• Follow & push the Citibank Design Language
• Knowledge of iOs & Android UI kits
• Participate/Present design reviews internally to team and product owners.
• Establish a team efficiency by introducing Zeplin to Creative Director & Developers.
• Challenge UX & IA to improve overall user experience.
• Involved in the Agile Methodology to achieve team efficiency by having daily stand-ups & "scrum" boards.
• Collaborate & support UX team by concepting and sketching user flows, entry points, and light site/app architecture.
• Helped formalized a design process by having internal design reviews,
sitting down with my copywriter to align designs with messaging, updating project manager on design request from stakeholders.
• Led and foster a design culture within the team by scheduling and leading weekly design inspiration meeting.
Credit: Joe Jennings + Brooke Halls