• Met with BA print magazine team to discuss brief, explore the challenges and goals of the site.
• We discussed current site architecture and branding.
• Defined full scope and vision of the project.
• Content Strategy was developed with BA editors and our lead IA.
• User stories that defined what we want the user to accomplish/tasks when navigating the site.
WHAT PROBLEMS ARE WE SOLVING?
How do we convey that BA is not just a "site for recipes" but a space for culture and food?
Content strategy along with BA editors suggested interesting content such as entertaining + style, people, events, etc.
On high level pages such the Article page, how do keep users engaged even after they have read the article? What design/Ui tactics can we use?
• Placed 3 beautiful images inside article.
• Placed a Related Articles module.
• We explore placing the Search bar both at the top & bottom of screen.
• Placed Sponsored content module.
• Added a 'Write a comment about article".
WHAT ARE WE ASSUMING?
• From design standpoint, do I need to design components that will be fed by a third-party(Outbrain)?
MY DESIGN METHODOLOGY
• Mood boards suggesting a visual direction.
• Typography Research
• UI Research: rotators, t-rails, text content modules, grid-style recipe, marketing banners
• Low fidelity wiresframes for home page and recipe page.